Monday, November 22, 2010

All Blessings, Big and Small


Thanks a million; a hunderd’ll do!  Words of wisdom from Pop-Pop. 

We do have a million things to be thankful for, but let’s deal with a hundred instead – we’ve got turkeys to defrost and pies to bake, after all.  Oh, that’s the first two thanks, right there.  98 to go…..

I’m grateful for my teachers, both those I pay and those who lead extraordinary lives as an example to me.
I am thankful for peppermint tea and car seat warmers.
Namaste to my friends and fellow yogis.
I am grateful that garbage truck let me go ahead of him this morning so I didn’t have to follow him slowly down the street.
I give thanks for flannel pajamas and a husband who doesn’t object.
I shout halleluiah when my trick knee doesn’t play tricks on me.

… and on and on.  My list will include the usual – health, family, home – and the tiny things that bring a moment of pleasure each day.

What’s on your list?

No comments:

Post a Comment