Monday, April 4, 2011

Bounty


This morning I was writing a small donation check to a local charity that feeds people.  I’m especially drawn to give to food banks and soup kitchens, probably because I can’t imagine not having enough to eat!  In the envelope were two small cards, and the donor was encouraged to write a few words of blessing to those who would receive the benefit of the donation.  So I took a deep breath and wrote, “Blessings for your continued abundance” -- then I stopped short.  Shoot, did I just wreck this card?  Why did I write “continued” abundance, when I am sending this check for people who have very little?  I should have just wished them abundance, plain and simple. 

I took another deep breath.  I hadn’t made a mistake.  I wish for those people an abundance of continued health, continued joy, an abundance of support from the community, platesful of warm food, and scads of love from wherever in the Universe it might continue to come to them.  A veritable cornucopia of wonderful things, in abundance.  And hey, if there’s some cash in there, too, all the better!

I wish for you continued abundance in your life as well.  Joy, health, love and support.  Wisdom, caring, happiness.  Gratitude, humility, and generosity.  And cash.


No comments:

Post a Comment