Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Wish List


Thanksgiving is behind us, and ahead looms the spectre of Christmas. Is it a friendly ghost or a wicked one for you? Let’s shine it up, turn on some sparkly lights, and make a list of what we want for the holidays this year, to ensure a good time for all!

I’ll take some of that old standby, Peace on Earth, please. And a sprinkling of snow, but not too much, I don’t want to be greedy. Glittery ornaments and some fresh-smelling greens would be appreciated as well. Send me some marvelous stories in the newspapers, full of compassion and good will. Remember that feeling of empathy we discovered during the Hurricane? You can keep that going for a while, too. I’ll take some star shaped cookies, and don’t tell anyone, but I also like fruitcake!

In the spirit of the season, I’ll ask for too much – you can decide what to choose for me. Let’s add good health and prosperity for all, and a barrel of laughs. There’s no such thing as too much hope, so put that on my list, too. Oh, and red wine. A pinch of silliness goes a long way, and will go well with the wine! I already have reindeer antlers (see enclosed photo) but maybe some elfish shoes?

I’ll leave it at that, with the caveat that I get to add more, later. Do you have a deadline? Don’t worry about timing on my end, you can deliver the Peace and Prosperity any time! Thank you, Namaste, Aloha, Shalom, Asti Spumanti, and so it is!

What’s on your list?

2 comments:

  1. The perfect list. I'm also asking for a bag of patience for 2013!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I put in that caveat, because I could use some of that, too!

      Delete