Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Another year already??

Tomorrow is my birthday, and I'm figuring this one puts me about halfway through my lifespan. Good thing I have so much time left, as I have so much to do! 

Since we already figured out the Meaning of Life (see blog June 22, 2015), what I need to do now is keep all that in mind as I move through the second half of my life, and things will be great. Without over-thinking this, here's my plan. (I reserve the right to change my mind and my plan as I grow more and more wise with the years!)

To find happiness, I will take care of myself. That means availing myself of the best I can find: food, travel, self care. Yes, massages and expensive beauty products are on that list! Stuff, too, if I feel like it, but honestly I don't have any answers right now to the question, What do you want for your birthday. I reserve the right to want stuff later!

I will continue to bring service to my fellow Earthlings. I enjoy sharing yoga and energy work, and helping people find their own Life Path. Remember, "service" doesn't always have to mean "free". That's a recipe for burnout. But volunteering is good for the soul and good for the planet, so don't discount that either!


Learning something new!
I will find joy wherever I can. Rising to my feet on the Stand Up Paddle board last week was pretty joyful! 

I will continue to be grateful for all that I have, and everything I experience. Living in gratitude makes one pretty joyous, so it's two birds! 

As I move through this life I will be mindful to spread Love not only to my family and friends, but also into dark places. The more Love aimed into these murky corners, the fewer murky corners there will be! 

I will continue learning from everyone and everything. I will do my best to see my failures as learning experiences, and to avoid self-doubt. A life filled with learning is a life filled with fun! (See SUP experience, right.)

What do you want for your birthday this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment