Sunday, February 5, 2012

Computers Are So Cool!


I love the computer age.  Internet, email, Google; all these make life so much easier, simpler.  In just five minutes I can get store hours, coupons, and directions to get there.  That catchy tune playing on the radio?  I’ll find and download it in two minutes.  If the kids want enchiladas for dinner, I can get three recipes in seventeen seconds.  I am connected to yoga teachers, meditation gurus, my church congregation, and cousins I haven’t laid eyes on since before the days of sunscreen.  Woo hoo! It is exciting and fun to have such unfettered access to people, things, and facts.

Tovie prefers hardcover books.
Yeah, I know it can be a time-suck.  One Shiva Rea YouTube video can lead to an hour of vinyasa viewing.  But hey, as long as I’m getting the laundry done and enough sleep at night, what the heck!  I even like these new-fangled Nooks and Kindles.  A book is about the story, not the delivering medium.  If you like the feel of paper, then by all means read from that; the convenience of twenty books in my purse makes my Kindle a treasure.   I don’t have a smart phone, though, and I may never go that way – but only because the screen is too dang small and I’d have to start wearing a magnifying glass on a string around my neck! 

I’m going to skip the cautionary tales and horror stories of stolen identities and lost electricity, because there is a shadow side to everything and you’ve heard it all before.  So blog me a blog, find me a find on eBay, catch me an eCard; I’m just gonna throw the laundry in the dryer and I’ll be right back!

3 comments:

  1. Love this post! Last August, I replaced my Treo (which was obsolete and unback-up-able, for a couple of years already, and which I never used as a smart phone) with an iPhone. How did I live without it? Is it possible to love a gadget with all your heart? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, D, it is. I know because that's how I feel about my iPad. True love. BFFs. J + i 4-Ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the nod to matchmaker!! Now that's old technology.

    ReplyDelete