Monday, February 27, 2012

With Apologies to Willie


On the Mat Again
(To be sung to the tune of Willie Nelson's "On the Road Again")

On the mat again, I just can't wait to get on the mat again,
The life I love is doing yoga with my friends, and I can't wait to get on the mat again.

On the mat again, doing poses that I've never done, feeling  things that I may never feel again,
Oh, I can't wait to get on the mat again.

On the mat again, like a bunch of hippies we do Salutations.
We're the best of friends, believing that the world is more than Nations, than Nations.

On the mat again, breathing in and breathing out again, 
Vira Two to Trkonasana is fun, and I can't wait to get on the mat again.

(musical interlude)

(one more time, with feeling!)
On the mat again, like a bunch of hippies we do Salutations.
We're the best of friends, believing that the world is more than nations, than nations.

On the mat again, I just can't wait to get on the mat again,
The life I love is doing yoga with my friends, and I can't wait to get on the mat again.  
And I can't wait to get on the mat again.


(Yee-ha!)

For the real thing, try this: http://www.youtube.com/embed/1TD_pSeNelU

2 comments:

  1. Just a little music and ALAH!!! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hee hee hee This is great! Laughed out loud when I read/sang this: "doing poses that I've never done, feeling things that I may never feel again...." And wished I hadn't felt the first time la la la... Oh do I really want to get back the mat again...

    ReplyDelete