Monday, March 5, 2012

Never Mind When I'm 65, How About When I'm 100


Don’t laugh, but I plan to live to be 100.  And not the sitting in the rocker waiting for a card from the President 100, but a yoga-practicing, blog-writing, trail-walking 100.  In order for this to happen, I first have to successfully deal with being in my fifties.  Here’s what I’ve found so far:

I take Level 2 yoga classes with relative ease, except I need reading glasses to sign the release form.  I can be pleasantly surprised when I look in the mirror, as long as I’ve been using my heavy-duty nighttime moisturizer, and avoid glancing down at my neck.  I thoroughly enjoy my kale and white bean soup now that I don’t have to cajole a 4-year-old into trying it. 

There is nowhere near as much time in the day as I thought there’d be.  I don’t work “full-time” but I work “crazy-time”, so my days are a chopped-up mish-mash of hours.  Keeping my schedule straight is what I do instead of crossword puzzles to keep my brain alert. 

Instead of hanging out with the parents of my kids’ friends, I now hang out with the people I do yoga with.  Luckily for me, that includes my mom and sisters, so I get to see them regularly.

I am WAY less shy than I used to be, and can easily strike up a conversation with just about anyone.  And I’m always willing to try something new because my fear of appearing foolish has vanished along with my smooth hands. 

What is your favorite part about your age decade?  

No comments:

Post a Comment